The Banzkow church is a neo-Gothic church from the 19th centuryt and home of the Banzkow seated Madonna.
The neo-Gothic brick church of Banzkow was consecrated in 1875 after three years of construction. It was designed by the Schwerin architect Theodor Krüger, who based its shape and appearance on St. Paul's Church. Three years earlier, the previous dilapidated village church had been demolished. The discovery of a wooden seated Madonna from the year 1230 suggests that Banzkow, itself only mentioned in a document in 1300, had already had an ecclesiastical building on the village square since the early thirteenth century. Today, the original of the "Mother of God on the Post Throne" made of poplar wood can be admired in the Middle Ages Collection of the Güstrow Museum. Since the end of 2017, there has been a Madonna in the church again: as part of the federal program "Democracy Live", the wood sculptor Karsten Simoneit created a replica from high-quality lime wood. At the same time, students from Banzkow made numerous small Madonnas out of clay in art classes, which have found their place on a cross-shaped wooden shelf next to their historical model. The organ of the Schwerin organ builder Friedrich Friese, which has been sounding since 1884, is a listed monument. During Advent, the Banzkow church is illuminated every evening.