In the style of English landscape gardens stand Grünhausgarten and the southern palace garden with hippodrome, maze and youth temple. This part of the palace garden was restored to its former glory for the Federal Garden Show 2009. In the center of a meadow surrounded by trees, the Grand Duchess Mother "Alexandrine" looks earnestly and solemnly in the direction of the Temple of Youth.
The Greenhouse was the summer residence of Grand Duke Paul Friedrich and his wife (and Prussian princess) Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The part of the palace garden belonging to the Greenhouse was one of the Grand Duchess's favorite places and was laid out in the English style around 1840 according to plans by master garden designer Peter Joseph Lenné. After her husband's death, Alexandrine continued to live here. A monument in the Greenhouse Garden commemorates her.
In addition to the garden, you can also see the Greenhouse (now a daycare center) and the Cavaliers' House where the servants were quartered (now privately owned). Nearby is also the grinding mill.