Walk through the park and enjoy the views and insights. Photography is expressly desired.
The park around Lühburg Castle Island, including the moat, belongs to the municipality of Lühburg, but cannot be adequately maintained due to the tight municipal budget. Since 2010, a Lühburg initiative has been formed to give the park around Lühburg Castle a face again. The new owners of the castle have found park friends in the village who contribute with labor, equipment and good humor.
- The old visual axes (south-west axis) and the embankments of the moat were cut free again and allow a free view into the landscape, there is light for the moat and the whole park.
- The circular path is permanently maintained and is easily passable all year round, except for small sections.
Due to the ash tree dieback, many of these large trees had to be felled in recent years, open spaces were and will be created - intentionally or unintentionally.
- The old orchard, which still exists with a few old fruit trees, has been cleared of other trees and is being maintained.
- The area in front of the tower mound in the east has been maintained since 2012, old contours become visible. Horns and willows currently still interfere with the view across the old open space. A circular path is slowly emerging around the open space.
- To improve the water, carp were placed in the ditch, reeds were cut back,algae growth was tried to be minimized.
- The linden avenues on both sides of the castle received extensive crown care.
This project was supported by our landscape conservation association and the State Forestry of MV. In the next few years, the south-east axis will be cut free, and additional park benches will be installed to mark resting areas. Also the replanting of the fruit meadows, the replanting of the hornbeam hedge, as well as the planting of special woody plants should take place. For our guests we would like to renovate the circular path and the old tennis court could be re-established as a play meadow in a visual form. The old Lühburg graves will be made recognizable again and the meadow with the beautiful view into the Bruch will be redesigned.
Walk through the park and enjoy the views and insights. Photographing is expressly desired.