Hans Hartig was a well-known German painter and honorary citizen of Nowe Warpno. The statue dedicated to him on the market square was created by Bohdan Ronin-Walknowski in 2013.
The monument commemorates Hans Hartig, a well-known German graphic artist and landscape painter, who was made an honorary citizen of Nowe Warpno in 1927. He contributed significantly to the popularization of the place throughout Germany. His paintings of the town and its surroundings spurred tourists to visit Nowe Warpno. The painter's face is turned towards the town hall. In his left hand he holds a palette, in his right a brush. In front of him is an easel with a painting depicting the town hall. Next to it is a chair with a paint box on it. The author of the monument, inaugurated in 2013, is Bohdan Ronin-Walknowski.