Situated between the Baltic Sea and the Achterwasser, on one of the narrowest parts of Usedom, the village of Zinnowitz is surrounded by beech, oak and coniferous forests. The beach in Zinnowitz is a gently sloping white sandy beach about 3 km long and 40 m wide. There are separately designated beach sections for dogs and horses. Our Haus des Gastes is an experience for everyone and a contact point for information.
The 700-year-old Zinnowitz is one of the most beautiful seaside resorts on the Island of Usedom. At the beginning of the 20th century, hotels and boarding houses were built in impressive architecture, which have been lovingly preserved and restored in the meantime, and together with the generously laid out promenade create a unique picture. As in the 20s and 30s, trips are offered from the Zinnowitz pier to Swinemünde (Poland). Various water excursions are possible from the idyllic marina on the Achterwasser.
- Room reservation / room booking
- Sale of information material and souvenirs
- Advance booking of tickets for events
- Guided tours of the village, slide shows
- Guided walking and cycling tours
Information about accessibility
The entrance is step-free and an elevator takes you to the upper floor. With high-contrast design of the rooms and tactile guidance system, blind and visually impaired people can also find their way around easily. Assistance dogs are welcome. Our counter is equipped with an inductive hearing system. In addition, we have a public toilet for people with disabilities.
- We offer:
- Guided tours for people with walking disabilities and wheelchair users.
- guided tours for visually impaired people
- an audio guide can be borrowed
- There is a marked parking lot for people with disabilities (the size of the parking lot is 400 cm x 500 cm; the distance to the entrance is about 80 m).
- The path from the parking lot to the entrance is easy to walk and drive on; it has a slope of 10% over a length of 6 meters. Alternatively, there is a sandy path without slope, which is not easy to walk and drive on.
- Access to the building is without steps or thresholds.
- All rooms usable and elevated for the guest are accessible at ground level or by elevator.
- The elevator car is 110 cm x 140 cm (width x depth). The elevator leads to the event room/exhibition room on the 1st floor.
- All passageways/doors are at least 90 cm wide.
- The counter in the customer room is 72 cm high at the lowest point. There is an alternative communication option in a seated position.
- Aids offered: wheelchair, walker, scooter, beach wheelchair and beach chairs.
- Tour guides are trained so that guests with walking disabilities and wheelchair users can participate in any tour and their needs are addressed.
Public WC for people with disabilities
- The movement areas (width x depth) are:
- in front of/behind the door, in front of the WC and the washbasin at least 130 cm x 180 cm,
- to the right of the WC 105 cm x 70 cm, to the left 82 cm x 70 cm.
- There are fold-up grab bars on both sides of the WC.
- The washbasin is accessible from underneath and the mirror can be viewed while standing or sitting.
- There is an alarm trigger.