In 1926 the building was erected according to the designs of the Berlin architect Prof. Walter Brandt. Since 1946, the building has been the seat of Barth City Council. Since 2005, it has been not only the town hall, but also the official seat of the Barth Office. The address is Teergang 2.
In 1925 Barth received the status of a district town. The building was erected in 1926 as the district administration office of the Franzburg-Barth district according to designs by the Berlin architect Prof. Walter Brandt. In imitation of the North German brick building, it is decorated with beautiful gables and a gable-like central building. The apartment of the district administrator was located in a side wing. Since 1946, the building has been the seat of the Barth City Council and was also used by the polyclinic until 1992.
Since 2005 it has been not only the town hall of the city of Barth, but also the official seat of the Barth Office.
In today's town hall you will find, among others, the Barth town archives, the registry office, the public order office, the residents' registration office, the responsible authorities for construction and real estate, finances, daycare centers and schools, tourism and culture, the housing subsidy office, municipal affairs, and others.