Prosnitzer Schanze is a fortification on the southwest coast of Rügen, about 8 km southeast of Stralsund.
The redoubt is located at the narrowest point of the Strelasund. During the Swedish-Brandenburg War (1674 to 1679) it was heavily fought over and changed hands several times. There used to be a ferry service here, so the redoubt was initially called the Neufährschanze. It was built as a pure earthen rampart, without masonry. The redoubt consisted of an almost rectangular interior surrounded by a rampart (about 80 x 60 m). To the west and south, the rampart bordered directly on the coast of the Strelasund, while on the east and north sides there was a water-filled ditch, which could be crossed by a bridge on the north side. Outside the ditch was the main rampart with 2 hornworks, supposedly it had been raised to a height of up to 10 meters. The ramparts are well preserved. There is nothing left of the buildings that used to stand in the inner area, except for some debris. Overall, the redoubt is very overgrown and difficult to access. The area of the redoubt is a ground monument according to the "Law for the Protection and Care of Monuments in the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern".