In the Mecklenburg ParkLand: At the village green, the meadow park, the church, the community center, the Wossidlo House and the Alte Ausspanne are united and offer an eventful village center.
"On the day before St. John's Day, a nubile girl has to pick seven different kinds of flowers at noon, tie a wreath of them and put it under her pillow on St. John's Eve, then she will see in a dream what kind of husband she will get!" I wonder if you could also dream this dream in the "Alte Ausspanne" in Walkendorf?
The"Alte Ausspanne" is a listed, lovingly restored thatched half-timbered house, which together with the "Wossidlo House", the church, the community hall and the village pond forms the old village green an ensemble. Here you can have a wonderful vacation, celebrate festivities, meet for conferences or take part in creative courses. For this purpose our guests have at their disposal:
- 1 two-part guest room
- 1 expandable club room "Summer Gallery" with special exhibitions on art and culture
- 1 kitchen, which guests can use on request
- 1 romantic vacation apartment in the neighboring "Wossidlo House" for max. 6 persons
- 4 lovingly, traditionally furnished vacation rooms for 1-2 persons
- In Dalwitz (2 km) the restaurant "La Remise" offers ecological cuisine and breakfast.
- the 4600 sqm meadow garden with benches, sunbathing areas, a "herb snail" and pond
- an idyllic bathing lake (the castle lake at the park) is not far away
in the sunday-café ofthe "Alte Ausspanne
- from Easter to Advent
- there are homemade cakes
- Meals are available by individual arrangement.
In former times & today: Guests are welcome!
In former times one had to drive miserable country roads, which the wagons did not hold out for a long time. They had to be repaired in the forge and man and horse also needed rest and safety in such a "Ausspanne". At that time, many a traveler was hindered in the darkness by evil characters and robberies. If it did not happen, at least he dreamed about it on his straw bed, because there were beds only for the special guests.
The route from Hamburg, Güstrow, Demmin and Szczecin to Petersburg brought many interesting people to the "Alte Ausspanne". One tells of Tsar Peter, of Wallenstein or of Gustav Adolph Wasa. A short time ago it was Prince Charles or our Prime Minister.