Boitin manor house, © Sphinx ET
Exhibitions and Galleries, Historical Buildings, Castles and Manors

Former estate domain house of the Rühn monastery - today a venue for events, open house for MittSommerRemise and Schlösserherbst and guided tours of the estate house also possible by appointment.

The architect Ludger Sunder-Plassmann from Münster acquired the estate in 2015 and opens the house for interested parties and exhibitions. Built in 1766 with Baroque enfilade on the ground floor and generous addition of the upper floor in 1880. The milking house of 1840 attached, today a community center. Preserved estate ensemble with path, pond, granaries and barns. Picturesque location in the soft landscape with a medieval fieldstone church above and a large cemetery, rounded off by Lake Boitin.

Today it is the gateway to the Sternberg Lake District Nature Park and the immediate vicinity of the Boitin Stone Dance.

Guests can also take a tour of the manor house by appointment.

Picture gallery

Good to know

Contact

Gutshaus Boitin

Hofstraße 34
18249 Boitin


Sunder-plassmann.buelow@t-online.de
+49 176 72534148
Arrival

Your destination:
Gutshaus Boitin
Hofstraße 34
18249 Boitin



Relaxed from door to door:

Plan your journey by public transport here.

Route planner:

Plan your journey by car here.

What's nearby?

To the map
© Steffen Hoffmann

Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Gertruden Chapel

  • Gertrudenplatz, 18273 Güstrow

Located not far from the center of Güstrow, the Gothic Gertruden Chapel was opened in 1953 as the first Barlach Museum in Güstrow. The chapel houses about 30 sculptures and reliefs by Ernst Barlach, all of which were created during the Güstrow period.

Read more: "Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Gertruden Chapel"
© Wiebke Hörring

Children Youth Art House Güstrow

  • Baustraße, 18273 Güstrow

We show seen and invented from all workshops: painting, graphics, textiles and objects. Figures in the variety of their shape testify to the imagination of the children and young people. The exhibition encourages participation - material is ready.

Read more: "Children Youth Art House Güstrow"
© Christoph Nahr

Güstrow Cathedral

  • Domplatz, 18273 Güstrow

Construction of the cathedral began in 1226 and was not completed until 1335 with the consecration of the altar. The transition from the Romanesque to the Gothic period can be clearly seen at Güstrow Cathedral. The cruciform ground plan and the elongated choir room point to the Romanesque concept. The massive west tower is 44 meters high.

Read more: "Güstrow Cathedral"
© Helga Möbius

Parish Church of St. Mary

  • Open today
  • Markt, 18273 Güstrow

The Güstrow parish church stands on the market square in the immediate vicinity of the town hall. The first documented mention of the parish church dates back to 1308. After the fire in the center of Güstrow in 1503, which also destroyed the church, it was rebuilt and consecrated in 1508. When you enter the parish church, the first thing you see is the completely restored Jan Borman altar from 1522. This work of art, the ornate pulpit, the impressive organ and a small Barlach angel are already reasons enough to take a look around. But there is one very special highlight that you should not miss: 196 steps lead up to the 41 meter high observation deck of the highest building in Güstrow. A magnificent view over the city and Heidberge, the lakes and the meadows leaves many tourists amazed.

Read more: "Parish Church of St. Mary"
© Gutshaus Woserin / Sabine Puschmann

Gutshaus Woserin - Art on the lake

  • Am See, 19406 Woserin

Academy of Art Culture and Recreation - a creative magical place to work creatively. Workshops, courses and events in various fields are offered.

Read more: "Gutshaus Woserin - Art on the lake"
© Tourismusverband Mecklenburg-Schwerin

Museum of local history Sternberg

  • Open today
  • Mühlenstraße, 19406 Sternberg

The museum of local history is located in the oldest house in the town of Sternberg. In a total of 14 exhibition rooms, the prehistory and early history of the town is presented here, among other things.

Read more: "Museum of local history Sternberg"
© SSGK M-V / Timm Allrich

Güstrow Castle

  • Temporarily closed
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

On the edge of the old town of Güstrow, one of the most important Renaissance castles in Northern Europe surprises with its southern charm. Magnificent stucco ceilings from the time of construction have been preserved. Extensive renovation work is currently taking place in the castle. Due to this, the castle museum is not open to the public.

Read more: "Güstrow Castle"
© Naturdorf Eickhof/ Abeln

Nature village Eickhof

  • Open today
  • Dorfstraße, 18249 Eickhof

The nature village Eickhof is an idyllic spot in the heart of Mecklenburg, located directly on the Warnow River. On almost 6 hectares of nature village there is a lot of space and in the outdoor area with volleyball field, playground, campfire sites and wood oven also a lot to discover. You can even find a trail riding station for riders with their own horse here.

Read more: "Nature village Eickhof"
© Gerhard Güthoff

Studio and sculpture garden Eva Güthoff

  • Dorfstraße, 18249 Eickhof

Eva Güthoff models her sculptures, nudes and portraits from coarse stone masonry clay here. Her husband shows photos of nature.

Read more: "Studio and sculpture garden Eva Güthoff"
Freizeit- und Familienpark Miniaturstadt Bützow, © Freizeit- und Familienpark Miniaturstadt Bützow

Leisure and family park miniature town Bützow

  • Nebelring, 18246 Bützow

Bützow in miniature, the "miniature town", is equally attractive to locals and guests. Set back in time to around 1850, the viewer here feels like a giant in dwarf land.

Read more: "Leisure and family park miniature town Bützow"
© André Hamann

City Museum Güstrow

  • Open today
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

Since 2003, the Güstrow City Museum has had a new location: it is located above the city archives in the hospital of a country workhouse built in 1826.

Read more: "City Museum Güstrow"
© André Hamann

Municipal Gallery Wollhalle

  • Open today
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

Originally built as a ducal horse stable, the Güstrow city fathers acquired the building in 1817 to store the wool produced in the country. Today, the wool hall houses modern gallery spaces in a historic ambience

Read more: "Municipal Gallery Wollhalle"
© Christoph Nahr

City Hall Güstrow

  • Open today
  • Markt, 18273 Güstrow

None of the Mecklenburg town halls of classicism looks as festive and inviting as this one in Güstrow.

Read more: "City Hall Güstrow"
© Mecklenburgisches Kutschenmuseum

Kutschenmuseum Kobrow

  • Open today
  • Am Dorfteich, 19406 Kobrow II

With more than 200 coaches, wagons and sledges, the collection in Kobrow is one of the richest and most important in Germany. The elegant victorias, coupes, wagonettes, landaus, phaetons and hunting carriages show the great variety of designs. There is also a museum café.

Read more: "Kutschenmuseum Kobrow"
View castle garden, © Stadt Güstrow

Güstrow castle garden

  • Open today
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

The garden of Güstrow Castle was first mentioned in 1570 and was subsequently redesigned several times. On the occasion of the 750th anniversary of Güstrow, the garden was rededicated in 1978. Old plans formed the basis for the design.

Read more: "Güstrow castle garden"
to the list

Content is loaded