The Müritzeum shows the beauty and special features of the Mecklenburg Lake District and the Müritz National Park in an interactive exhibition. In Germany's largest aquarium landscape for native freshwater fish, you dive under the water surface of the 1000 lakes.
The Müritzeum is a multimedia nature experience center. Fascinating, entertaining and informative, simple and understandable, it presents the vacation region around the Müritz. The visit is suitable for young and old alike. The Müritzeum sees itself as a showcase for the Müritz National Park. The highlight of the aquarium landscape is the two-story deep pool with a silvery shining shoal of vendace. The exhibitions with their interactive theme rooms and the natural history exhibits are scientifically supervised and are based on the unique and over 150-year-old natural history collections of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The permanent exhibition "Nature in the Collection Cabinet" provides information about the collection founded in 1866 by Baron Hermann von Maltzan.
The museum garden around the idyllic Herrensee invites visitors to take a stroll. It attracts the younger guests with its adventure playground. Here children become pirates on the high seas. The Müritzeum is a family-friendly and accessible house.
- Adults: 14,00 Euro
- Reduced*: 11,00 Euro
- Children (4 - 16 years): 7,00 Euro
- Children under 4 years: free admission
- Families (2 adults + children): 35,00 Euro
- Groups from 15 persons: 11,00 Euro
- Price per guided tour (up to 25 persons):
- Introduction (approx. 20 min): 20,00 Euro (plus admission)
- Short guided tour (approx. 45 min): 35,00 Euro (plus admission)
- Guided tour (approx. 90 min): 50,00 Euro (plus admission)
- Dogs: 4,00 Euro
Information on accessibility
The entire Müritzeum is easily accessible by wheelchair or stroller. The historic House of Collections as well as the outdoor facilities can also be explored without hindrance. We offer special guided tours for the blind and visually impaired on request. You can borrow a wheelchair upon request.
- There are two marked parking spaces for people with disabilities (parking space size: 350 cm x 600 cm).
- The path from the parking lot to the entrance is 90 m long. It is easy to walk and drive on and has a maximum longitudinal slope of 3% over a distance of 20 meters.
- The bus stop is located 400 m away.
- The path from the bus stop to the entrance is easy to walk and drive on and has a maximum longitudinal slope of 6% over a distance of 25m.
- The building is accessible without steps.
- All rooms and facilities that can be used and raised for the guest are accessible without steps or via elevators. Exception: the 1st floor in the House of Collections is only accessible via stairs.