Simple, true and personal memorial to 300 members of the Teterow parish who died in World War 1.
The memorial was erected in 1927 in only 104 days of construction time as a monument to 300 members of the Teterow church community who fell in World War 1. It represents a sword, which was rammed into the earth with the blade as a sign of peace. It is located in the Teterower Heidberge. From the freely accessible viewing platform , visitors have a wide panoramic view of the landscape. Today it is a memorial to all victims of war and violence.
Details of the memorial:
- 20.10 m tower height
- Viewing platform at 114 m above sea level
- 114 steps