Fine-grained white sandy beach, shallow water in the shore area and barrier-friendly beach accesses can be found by mobility-impaired guests at the seaside resort Markgrafenheide. The use of the beaches is free of charge.
The beaches of Hohe Düne and Markgrafenheide connect directly from the east pier and the marina Hohe Düne to the east in the direction of Graal-Müritz. Fine-grained white sandy beach with few stones and a width of up to 80 m wide as well as predominantly shallow water in the shore area offer ideal conditions for sunbathing. The use of the beach is free of charge in the Rostock seaside resorts.
In the seaside resort of Markgrafenheide, people with limited mobility can use the barrier-friendly beach accesses during the high season. Carrying officially recognized assistance dogs is allowed on these beaches.
The accessible beach access 31 in Markgrafenheide has the following to offer:
- Condition: pathway over wooden and rubber slabs.
- Beach chairs: no
- Clothing: FKK
- WC for people with disabilities: not in the immediate vicinity, next possibility Strandaufgang 23 (approx. 2 km away) or StrandResort Markgrafenheide / camping site (approx. 1 km away)
- Parking for people with disabilities: next possibility parking Budentannenweg (approx. 1,7 km away)
- beach supply: no
- water rescue: no
- from Rostock via highway L22 in the direction of Graal-Müritz and from Hinrichshagen turn off to Markgrafenheide;
- from Warnemünde via ferry Warnemünde-Hohe Düne in direction Markgrafenheide