A manor with history on one of the most beautiful spots of the Island of Rügen.
The Liddow manor probably dates back to 1318; at least it was first mentioned in documents at that time. Its location on a peninsula isolated it very much, so it is assumed that although it was initially run as an agricultural business, with the early modern times it became interesting as a simple residence. The present manor house probably dates back to the 18th century and was built in a simple variant of the Baroque style. The new building of the manor Liddow fascinated the chronicler Wackenroder, who lived here in 1732, to the statement that the manor was one of the most beautiful farms on the whole island of Rügen. After the Second World War the owners of the manor Liddow were expelled. In the GDR, the estate itself continued to be run by an LPG. Since 1975 the farm has been owned by the Reeckmann family. In the meantime, however, it has moved away from agriculture and has instead set up vacation apartments in the premises. By arrangement with the owners, the Rittergut Liddow can be visited; there are also rooms here that can be rented for private events.