The only preserved complex of this kind on the Island of Rügen with a beautiful, walkable rampart.
In 1170 the estate was founded by Granza von Platen as the ancestral castle of the family. Before 1500 the fieldstone foundations of the manor house were built. Before 1600 the moat and 5 m high and 6 m wide circular rampart were built as "protective defense". In the 17th century the two-storey manor house was built on the old foundations. In the 18th century, the octagonal tower upper storey with a dome and the wide porches framing it in the southern direction were built. In 1910, the Norddeutsche Saatzucht AG "Nordsaat" was founded by Karl von Schultz. This seed breeding station existed until the end of the 2nd World War. In 1945 the family was expropriated as part of the land reform. In the times of the GDR the manor house was first inhabited by refugees and later used as a kindergarten and administration building of the "Volkseigenes Gut". In 1991, the manor house was then bought back from the Treuhand by "Nordsaat GmbH", a company based in Schleswig-Holstein. The manor house was restored as a residential and administrative building.