For over 25 years we have been breeding Icelandic horses on large pastures at the gates of Rügen near Stralsund. Meanwhile we have more than 130 Icelandic horses and a small herd of Shetland ponies. Both breeds are ideal for children and young people due to their balanced character.
Our focus is on breeding, training young horses and selling our homebred horses. We also take care of boarding horses and teach riding on Icelandic horses. Riding on Icelandic horses is a very special experience. Not only do they have the basic gaits of walk, trot, canter, but they also master the tölt. A very comfortable gait in which you can float over the track or the terrain at any speed without any vibrations. Once you have tried Icelandic horses, you usually can't get away from them.
During the school vacations we offer children and young people the opportunity to experience everyday life on a riding farm in its entirety. During the intercultural vacation camp, the focus is not only on riding in theory and practice, but also on learning foreign languages through play. Our combination of European and Latin American culture and the combination of horses, dancing and language learning make this summer camp a unique experience. The family atmosphere invites you to feel comfortable for people and horses. Small groups guarantee individual care for the children. The well-being of the horses and their motivation to work with us is very important to us. The children learn with us not only how to ride, but also how to care for, saddle and snaffle the ponies.
Our services around the horse tourism for you:
- Lungeing lessons as individual lessons for beginners, children, late starters and re-starters.
- Individual lessons for beginners, children, late starters and re-starters with learning the basics, in gaited horse riding (tölt lessons) as well as preparation for tournaments
- Group lessons to learn the basics, dressage and gaited horse riding (tölt lessons)
- Children's riding holidaysfor max. 15 children/week, from 7 years, with or without overnight stay, full board as well as one riding lesson a day and theory lessons and learning Spanish or English in a playful way, varied leisure program
- regularly held courses: IPZV motivation badge (small, large Icelandic horse), IPZV badges (basic pass, bronze/silver riding badge) with your own horse or rental horse/school horse; accommodation and board by arrangement.
Training of horses
- Breaking in and correction of gaited horses with certificates of the trainer : IPZV Trainer B, IPZV Jungpferdebereiter
- Breeding of young horses
Horse stock and farm infrastructure
- 10 horses - Shetty, Icelandic horse, Haflinger with a height from 100cm to 143cm
- indoor riding arena: 15 x 40m with sand floor
- a dressage arena with letters, jumps etc.
- a small and a large tölt track
- lessons given by IPZV trainer B, IPZV young horse rider
guest horses welcome
- 4 guest horse stalls with straw as bedding
- a loose stable and open stable with straw
- grazing is possible for the guest horses
- guest paddocks are available
- Feeding of the guest horses twice a day with hay / haylage (or individually by arrangement)
Arrival and departure pick-up from Stralsund train station possible