The church is a small wooden chapel at the end of the village, which was brought to Ralswiek as a gift from Sweden in 1907.
Ralswiek was already the economic center of Rügen in the early Middle Ages and also became an ecclesiastical administrative center with the Christianization. It was subordinated to the Danish bishopric of Roskilde. Ralswiek was never a church village, the church services were held in the Probstei. Not far from the castle, the people of Ralswiek finally got their own wooden chapel in 1907, commissioned by Count Douglas. The chapel was made by the Swedes - that is why it is often called the Swedish Chapel - and built in Ralswiek. Externally, the small chapel appears in the typical Swedish style of red-painted wood with white trimmed edges and window surrounds. The simple furnishings of the church are worth seeing.