The town church of St. Mary in Usedom was first mentioned in 1337.
After the great fire of 1475, the church was rebuilt. The first restoration took place in 1726 (wooden pillars and beamed ceiling), another one in 1891 to 1893 (choir, tower top and interior design - neo-Gothic). Noteworthy are the late medieval tombstone of the ducal couple Ratibor and Pribislawa, founders of the Grobe Monastery near Usedom, and the Grüneberg organ. The church is the venue of the Usedom Music Festival.