The railroad lift bridge was the most modern in Europe when it was inaugurated in 1933. The fixed superstructures were blown up in 1945.
In the course of the double-track expansion of the railroad connection in the direction of the Island of Usedom, the previous single-track swing bridge was replaced by a double-track railroad lift bridge. At its inauguration in 1933, this was the most modern in Europe. In April 1945, the fixed superstructures were blown up and the connection between the mainland and the Island of Usedom was severed. Since then, only the central lift section remains, which was listed as a historical monument in 1990.