the entrance portal of the church, © Frank Burger
Churches, Brick Gothic

The monastery church "St. Maria im Sonnenkamp" once belonged to the Sonnenkamp monastery.

The monastery church "St. Maria im Sonnenkamp" was built of brick immediately after the foundation of the monastery in 1219 and was largely completed before 1245. It is a single-nave building on a cruciform ground plan with square transept arms and choir as well as sacristy buildings and a northern aisle.

Picture gallery

Good to know

Contact

Kirche Neukloster

Eichholzstraße 16 a
23992 Neukloster


http://www.neukloster-kirche.de
Arrival

Your destination:
Kirche Neukloster
Eichholzstraße 16 a
23992 Neukloster



Relaxed from door to door:

Plan your journey by public transport here.

Route planner:

Plan your journey by car here.

What's nearby?

To the map
© TZ Wismar, Christoph Meyer (paperheroes)

Museum of the History of the Hanseatic City of Wismar in the Schabbell

  • Open today
  • Schweinsbrücke, 23966 Wismar

The "Schabbell", one of the earliest Renaissance buildings in the Baltic region, the neighboring building at Schweinsbrücke 6 and the associated courtyards were reopened in December 2017 after extensive and careful renovation and now serve as exhibition and event space for the Stadtgeschichtliches Museum Wismar.

Read more: "Museum of the History of the Hanseatic City of Wismar in the Schabbell"
© Ferien- und Reiterhof Landgut Lischow/Schröder

Vacation and riding farm Landgut Lischow

  • Lischow, 23974 Lischow

Not far from the Hanseatic City of Wismar in beautiful nature lies the country estate - Lischow. Vacation with many horses, geese and goats in a closed estate with a large farm pond for fishing and an idyllic park to relax.

Read more: "Vacation and riding farm Landgut Lischow"
© Herrenhaus Levetzow / Bernd Lüskow

Levetzow Manor House

  • Am Gutshaus, 23972 Lübow

In the Levetzow manor house you can expect a spacious ambience, in the vacation apartments a mixture of comfort, modernity and the "old".

Read more: "Levetzow Manor House"
© Schloss Gamehl / Torsten Schulz

Hotel Gamehl Castle

  • Dorfstraße, 23970 Benz/Ot Gamehl

Hotel Schloss Gamehl is located at the gates of Wismar in the midst of the charming landscape of Mecklenburg. Enjoy peace and relaxation with modern comfort.

Read more: "Hotel Gamehl Castle"
© TMV, Danny Gohlke

World Heritage House Wismar

  • Open today
  • Lübsche Straße, 23966 Hansestadt Wismar

The Visitor Centre is the third of its kind in Germany after Regensburg and Stralsund. Just in time for the opening of the new exhibition and event venue on World Heritage Day (June 1st, 2014), the prestigious Wallpaper Room and the surrounding panoramic pictures were also restored.

Read more: "World Heritage House Wismar"
© TZ Wismar, Alexander Rudolph

Old Harbour of Wismar

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Alter Hafen, 23966 Wismar

Since 1211, the Old Harbour has largely preserved its harbour basin in its location and design. Moreover, the harbour continues to be important as a mooring for excursion steamers, for leisure captains and traditional ships such as the 'Kogge' and the 'Atalanta'.

Read more: "Old Harbour of Wismar"
© wein-mv.de

Vineyard Dähn Dorf Mecklenburg

  • Feldweg, 23972 Dorf Mecklenburg

Wines can be tasted and purchased at the Dähn vineyard in Dorf Mecklenburg. The wines are produced entirely on site, from the grape to the finished wine bottle. Sales and tasting dates are announced online.

Read more: "Vineyard Dähn Dorf Mecklenburg"
© Frank Burger

Village church Hohen Viecheln

  • Pfarrweg, 23996 Hohen Viecheln

The early Gothic village church of Hohen Viecheln is a listed church building in Hohen Viecheln.

Read more: "Village church Hohen Viecheln"
© Erik Gross

Fish Leather Concept Store

  • Open today
  • Krämerstraße, 23966 Wismar

Salmon, eel, plaice and perch are not served on the plate here. In the only fish leather store in Germany, gold and silver jewelry as well as handbags, belts and wallets are made from it.

Read more: "Fish Leather Concept Store"
© Naturdorf Eickhof/ Abeln

Nature village Eickhof

  • Open today
  • Dorfstraße, 18249 Eickhof

The nature village Eickhof is an idyllic spot in the heart of Mecklenburg, located directly on the Warnow River. On almost 6 hectares of nature village there is a lot of space and in the outdoor area with volleyball field, playground, campfire sites and wood oven also a lot to discover. You can even find a trail riding station for riders with their own horse here.

Read more: "Nature village Eickhof"
© TMV, Danny Gohlke

Water Gate Wismar

  • Am Hafen, 23966 Wismar

The Water Gate is the last existing of originally five city gates, which were integrated in a four meter high city wall. It bears its name because it faces the harbor.

Read more: "Water Gate Wismar"
Exterior view St. George Church, © TZ Wismar, Anibal Trejo

St. George Church

  • Open today
  • St.-Georgen-Kirchhof, 23966 Wismar

St. George's Church is one of the three large main churches in Wismar and an outstanding architectural monument of North German brick Gothic. It was once the place of worship for craftsmen and tradesmen. The origins of St. George's lie in the 13th century. Its construction thus falls into the turbulent time of the late Middle Ages and the Reformation.

Read more: "St. George Church"
© Gerhard Güthoff

Studio and sculpture garden Eva Güthoff

  • Dorfstraße, 18249 Eickhof

Eva Güthoff models her sculptures, nudes and portraits from coarse stone masonry clay here. Her husband shows photos of nature.

Read more: "Studio and sculpture garden Eva Güthoff"
© TMV, Danny Gohlke

Wismar, Holy Spirit Church

  • Lübsche Str. 31/Ecke Neustadt, 23966 Wismar

The rectangular Gothic hall church was built in its present form in the 15th century, incorporating some parts from the previous building.

Read more: "Wismar, Holy Spirit Church"
© TMV, Danny Gohlke

Water art on the market place Wismar

  • Am Markt, 23966 Wismar

The waterworks were built from 1580 to 1602 according to the plans of the Dutch master builder Philipp Brandin from Utrecht in the style of the Dutch Renaissance and served until 1897 for the drinking water supply of the city. The banners in Latin and German tell about the drinking water supply in earlier times.

Read more: "Water art on the market place Wismar"
to the list

Content is loaded