Friedrich Wilhelm Buttel - at that time grand ducal master builder in Mecklenburg-Strelitz and student of the Prussian master builder Schinkel - created his first church here.
In 1826, the Conow church was built according to the plans of Friedrich Wilhelm Buttel (1796-1869), who, with the help of his employment as a master builder in the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, left a lasting mark on the architectural landscape of the region. His classicist and neo-Gothic formal language, which originated from the Berlin Bauakademie, can also be seen in his first sacral building, the Conow church. The simplicity of the building would later be a deliberate stylistic device throughout his Mecklenburg churches. Thus, in Conow one finds a towerless hall church made of red brick with a length of 10.4 meters and a width of 6 meters. A cast steel bell hangs freely above the entrance, with only a Prussian eagle embossed on it. Inside, the church is almost entirely white to draw the eye directly to the pulpit age. This dates back to the time when the church was built and is surrounded by a light barrier. What is special about it are the two symmetrical stairways, which allow the wooden construction to extend almost across the entire width of the church building. The only color accent is a solemn red stripe that adorns the walls of the church above the heads. The fact that it can now shine again in its original splendor is thanks to a large number of donations. In 2010/11, the entire church, including the interior, was extensively and comprehensively renovated. The Evangelical Lutheran parish of Feldberg organizes special services in Conow, such as Christmas Eve.