The church Kessin is located in the district of Rostock and belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran parish Kessin.
The church was built in the 12th/13th century and was first mentioned in documents in 1171. The indented choir of the church, which is the oldest part of the structure, was built of granite field stones. The window reveals and the east gable are built of bricks. Large parts of the medieval painting were restored during the 1977 restoration. The present church tower was added in 1886 after the original steeple, located between the choir and the sexton's house in the cemetery, caught fire due to a lightning strike. Today's largest bell of the tower came from the luck of St. Jacoki Church in Rostock, which was destroyed in World War 2. Northwest of the church is the vicarage, which was built in 1696. It is one of the oldest buildings in the region and is a protected monument.