Recknitztal circular route

2021_Routenlogo_Recknitztal circular route, © TMV

Route

210 km

Etappen

4

  • Tour tips: Recknitz nature reserve, Recknitz valley bird park region with moorland, Güstrow Renaissance castle

Rail connections: Ribnitz-Damgarten, Tessin, Laage, Güstrow

St. Thomas Church in Tribsees, © TMV/Grundner

back

Close

Recknitztal circular route

Download track

2021_Routenlogo_Recknitztal circular route, © TMV

Route

210 km

Etappen

4

Stages: 4 | The Recknitz - playful beauty in the midst of unspoiled nature and picture-perfect towns and villages. The Recknitz Valley - a paradise for beavers and otters. The tour - a feast for nature-loving cyclists. The Krönchen - the beautiful Renaissance castle in Güstrow.

Stages: 4 | The Recknitz - playful beauty in the midst of unspoiled nature and picture-perfect towns and villages. The Recknitz Valley - a paradise for beavers and otters. The tour - a feast for nature-loving cyclists. The Krönchen - the beautiful Renaissance castle in Güstrow.

Picture gallery

The circular tour through the idyllic Recknitz Valley invites cyclists to a voyage of discovery right from the start. The sunny hills between Ribnitz-Damgarten and Tessin offer magnificent views of one of the most beautiful river valleys in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Cozy villages dream between forests, meadows and fields. Past the small town of Tribsees with its winding alleys from the Middle Ages and the St. Thomas Church visible from afar, the path leads to Tessin.

Somewhat away from the Recknitz, the second stage runs along the upper reaches in the shade of magnificent avenues through small villages and wide fields. The water tower in Laage offers an enchanting view of the surrounding landscape.

At the southernmost point of the journey is the Renaissance castle of Güstrow. The Barlach town is rich in cultural and architectural treasures and gorgeous surroundings. Sparkling lakes and fragrant forests entice you to continue your journey through unspoiled nature. After short climbs past the Great Moor of Göldenitz, the route continues to Tessin, where the Recknitz River crosses the path again.

The last stage via Bad Sülze and Marlow back to the Bodden impresses with its extremely rich flora and fauna. Cranes, storks, lesser spotted eagles, red deer and beavers can be observed in quiet surroundings.

Worth seeing

Filtern (2)
To the map

18 Ergebnisse

© Stadt Tessin

Observation tower at the Prangenberg

  • Alter Markt, 18195 Tessin

Exercise is rewarded with great views! Panoramic view almost 58 meters high above the city of Tessin with a view of the beautiful Recknitz Valley.

Read more: "Observation tower at the Prangenberg"
© Ribnitz Damgarten

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum - German Amber Museum

  • Open today
  • Im Kloster, 18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

You can expect an exciting introduction to the natural history and geology of the fossil resin and precious works of art from 3000 years on over 1,000 square metres. The exhibition on the history of the monastery and convent in the adjacent monastery church shows hidden and revealed treasures so that you can also trace the life of the Poor Clares and the Protestant landowner's daughters at this place.

Read more: "Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum - German Amber Museum"
© Wildpark-MV

Wildpark-MV

  • Primerburg, 18273 Güstrow

Welcome to the wild animal adventure in Güstrow: Experience wolf, bear & Co. wilder than in the zoo! The 200 hectare wildlife and landscape park invites the whole family to an unforgettable experience. The local flora and fauna can be discovered in spacious enclosures, some of which can be walked on.

Read more: "Wildpark-MV"
© S. Maus

Pantlitz cyclist church

  • Am Burgwall, 18320 Pantlitz

Pantlitz Church is a 19th century village church in Pantlitz, a district of the municipality of Ahrenshagen-Daskow in Western Pomerania. It has been Vorpommern's first cyclists' church since 2006.

Read more: "Pantlitz cyclist church"
© Stadt Güstrow

Güstrow castle garden

  • Open today
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

The garden of Güstrow Castle was first mentioned in 1570 and was subsequently redesigned several times. On the occasion of the 750th anniversary of Güstrow, the garden was rededicated in 1978. Old plans formed the basis for the design.

Read more: "Güstrow castle garden"
© Sabrina Wittkopf-Schade

Mill gate Tribsees

  • Karl-Marx-Straße, 18465 Tribsees

The mill gate in Tribsees is one of two town gates preserved to this day.

Read more: "Mill gate Tribsees"
© Lutz Werner

Schulenberg Castle - Slavic hilltop castle

  • 18334 Bad Sülze

The Slavic hilltop castle dates back to the 9th century and is located on the Recknitz meadows at the edge of the Schulenberger Holz forest.

Read more: "Schulenberg Castle - Slavic hilltop castle"
© Lutz Werner

Field stone church Semlow

  • An der Kirche, 18334 Semlow

The village church Semlow is a village church from the beginning of the 13th century in the municipality of Semlow in Western Pomerania and is one of the oldest fieldstone churches in the lower Recknitz valley.

Read more: "Field stone church Semlow"
© Sabine Maus

Salt Museum Bad Sülze

  • Open today
  • Saline, 18334 Bad Sülze

The Salt Museum presents the history of salt extraction from the brine of Sülz, the spa and bathing history and shows some other trades of the city. In two special exhibition rooms we show exhibitions of a completely different kind four to five times a year. Children and adults are especially enthusiastic about riding the moor train.

Read more: "Salt Museum Bad Sülze"
© Landhaus Schloss Kölzow/Detlef von der Lühe

Country house Kölzow Castle

  • Am Park, 18334 Dettmansdorf-Kölzow

A large park surrounds the former residence of the once large farm whose origins date back to the early 13th century. With extensive renovation of the house after the fall of the Berlin Wall, it now again reflects the atmosphere of bygone times: a historic island of tranquility!

Read more: "Country house Kölzow Castle"
© Christin Sobeck / Archiv Ernst Barlach Stiftung

Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Studio House

  • Heidberg, 18273 Güstrow

Ernst Barlach (1870-1938) was not only a draftsman, graphic artist and writer, but also one of the most important sculptors of German Expressionism. In his studio house and the Gertruden Chapel, the Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow present the world's largest contiguous collection of works by the internationally renowned artist.

Read more: "Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Studio House"
© Stadt Ribnitz Damgarten

Gallery in the monastery

  • Im Kloster, 18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

The Gallery in the Monastery of the Kunstverein Ribnitz-Damgarten is located in the building complex of the Clarissan Monastery in Ribnitz in the immediate vicinity of the German Amber Museum. This art house of the town of Ribnitz-Damgarten combines a modern contemporary exhibition program with the presentation of historical art treasures.

Read more: "Gallery in the monastery"
© Stadt Laage

Water and observation tower Laage

  • Pfendkammerweg, 18299 Laage

The former water tower offers an excellent view of the Recknitz valley

Read more: "Water and observation tower Laage"
© Lutz Werner

Slavonic castle Pantlitz

  • 18320 Pantlitz

The Pantlitz castle rampart is an Old Slavic ring rampart from the 8th/9th century, situated on a spur of land west of the church in a scenic location on the Recknitz valley. The castle hill of Pantlitz belongs to the most important Slavic castle ramparts in the country. The famous battle of the Raxa may have taken place near Pantlitz in 955.

Read more: "Slavonic castle Pantlitz"
© Peter Michalik

Vacation apartment in Marlow rectory

  • Bei der Kirche, 18337 Marlow

The vicarage is a two-story half-timbered house with a crippled hipped roof and archway from 1822, extensively renovated in 1995. It is located directly opposite the town church of Marlow, built in 1244. The apartment offers about 40 m² of space for 2 to 3 people.

Read more: "Vacation apartment in Marlow rectory"
© Jan Hendrik Hertzsch

Ringhotel Old Town

  • Baustraße, 18273 Güstrow

Central and yet quiet in the old town of the Barlach town of Güstrow is the 4-star Ringhotel Altstadt garni. The 43 rooms are comfortably furnished and the breakfast is excellent.

Read more: "Ringhotel Old Town"
© Christina Czybik

Hotel & Restaurant at the castle park

  • Neuwieder Weg, 18273 Güstrow

Hotel of middle class in best location directly at the castle of Güstrow.

Read more: "Hotel & Restaurant at the castle park"
© Recknitztal-Hotel Marlow

Recknitz Valley Hotel Marlow

  • Carl-Kossow-Straße, 18337 Marlow

The Recknitz Valley, which gave its name to the hotel in Marlow, is one of the most beautiful river valleys in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. In every season, nature and sights of the region offer our guests beautiful and interesting things.

Read more: "Recknitz Valley Hotel Marlow"
© Stadt Tessin

Observation tower at the Prangenberg

  • Alter Markt, 18195 Tessin

Exercise is rewarded with great views! Panoramic view almost 58 meters high above the city of Tessin with a view of the beautiful Recknitz Valley.

Read more: "Observation tower at the Prangenberg"
© Ribnitz Damgarten

Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum - German Amber Museum

  • Open today
  • Im Kloster, 18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

You can expect an exciting introduction to the natural history and geology of the fossil resin and precious works of art from 3000 years on over 1,000 square metres. The exhibition on the history of the monastery and convent in the adjacent monastery church shows hidden and revealed treasures so that you can also trace the life of the Poor Clares and the Protestant landowner's daughters at this place.

Read more: "Deutsches Bernsteinmuseum - German Amber Museum"
© Wildpark-MV

Wildpark-MV

  • Primerburg, 18273 Güstrow

Welcome to the wild animal adventure in Güstrow: Experience wolf, bear & Co. wilder than in the zoo! The 200 hectare wildlife and landscape park invites the whole family to an unforgettable experience. The local flora and fauna can be discovered in spacious enclosures, some of which can be walked on.

Read more: "Wildpark-MV"
© S. Maus

Pantlitz cyclist church

  • Am Burgwall, 18320 Pantlitz

Pantlitz Church is a 19th century village church in Pantlitz, a district of the municipality of Ahrenshagen-Daskow in Western Pomerania. It has been Vorpommern's first cyclists' church since 2006.

Read more: "Pantlitz cyclist church"
© Stadt Güstrow

Güstrow castle garden

  • Open today
  • Franz-Parr-Platz, 18273 Güstrow

The garden of Güstrow Castle was first mentioned in 1570 and was subsequently redesigned several times. On the occasion of the 750th anniversary of Güstrow, the garden was rededicated in 1978. Old plans formed the basis for the design.

Read more: "Güstrow castle garden"
© Sabrina Wittkopf-Schade

Mill gate Tribsees

  • Karl-Marx-Straße, 18465 Tribsees

The mill gate in Tribsees is one of two town gates preserved to this day.

Read more: "Mill gate Tribsees"
© Lutz Werner

Schulenberg Castle - Slavic hilltop castle

  • 18334 Bad Sülze

The Slavic hilltop castle dates back to the 9th century and is located on the Recknitz meadows at the edge of the Schulenberger Holz forest.

Read more: "Schulenberg Castle - Slavic hilltop castle"
© Lutz Werner

Field stone church Semlow

  • An der Kirche, 18334 Semlow

The village church Semlow is a village church from the beginning of the 13th century in the municipality of Semlow in Western Pomerania and is one of the oldest fieldstone churches in the lower Recknitz valley.

Read more: "Field stone church Semlow"
© Sabine Maus

Salt Museum Bad Sülze

  • Open today
  • Saline, 18334 Bad Sülze

The Salt Museum presents the history of salt extraction from the brine of Sülz, the spa and bathing history and shows some other trades of the city. In two special exhibition rooms we show exhibitions of a completely different kind four to five times a year. Children and adults are especially enthusiastic about riding the moor train.

Read more: "Salt Museum Bad Sülze"
© Landhaus Schloss Kölzow/Detlef von der Lühe

Country house Kölzow Castle

  • Am Park, 18334 Dettmansdorf-Kölzow

A large park surrounds the former residence of the once large farm whose origins date back to the early 13th century. With extensive renovation of the house after the fall of the Berlin Wall, it now again reflects the atmosphere of bygone times: a historic island of tranquility!

Read more: "Country house Kölzow Castle"
© Christin Sobeck / Archiv Ernst Barlach Stiftung

Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Studio House

  • Heidberg, 18273 Güstrow

Ernst Barlach (1870-1938) was not only a draftsman, graphic artist and writer, but also one of the most important sculptors of German Expressionism. In his studio house and the Gertruden Chapel, the Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow present the world's largest contiguous collection of works by the internationally renowned artist.

Read more: "Ernst Barlach Museums Güstrow - Studio House"
© Stadt Ribnitz Damgarten

Gallery in the monastery

  • Im Kloster, 18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten

The Gallery in the Monastery of the Kunstverein Ribnitz-Damgarten is located in the building complex of the Clarissan Monastery in Ribnitz in the immediate vicinity of the German Amber Museum. This art house of the town of Ribnitz-Damgarten combines a modern contemporary exhibition program with the presentation of historical art treasures.

Read more: "Gallery in the monastery"
© Stadt Laage

Water and observation tower Laage

  • Pfendkammerweg, 18299 Laage

The former water tower offers an excellent view of the Recknitz valley

Read more: "Water and observation tower Laage"
© Lutz Werner

Slavonic castle Pantlitz

  • 18320 Pantlitz

The Pantlitz castle rampart is an Old Slavic ring rampart from the 8th/9th century, situated on a spur of land west of the church in a scenic location on the Recknitz valley. The castle hill of Pantlitz belongs to the most important Slavic castle ramparts in the country. The famous battle of the Raxa may have taken place near Pantlitz in 955.

Read more: "Slavonic castle Pantlitz"
© Peter Michalik

Vacation apartment in Marlow rectory

  • Bei der Kirche, 18337 Marlow

The vicarage is a two-story half-timbered house with a crippled hipped roof and archway from 1822, extensively renovated in 1995. It is located directly opposite the town church of Marlow, built in 1244. The apartment offers about 40 m² of space for 2 to 3 people.

Read more: "Vacation apartment in Marlow rectory"
© Jan Hendrik Hertzsch

Ringhotel Old Town

  • Baustraße, 18273 Güstrow

Central and yet quiet in the old town of the Barlach town of Güstrow is the 4-star Ringhotel Altstadt garni. The 43 rooms are comfortably furnished and the breakfast is excellent.

Read more: "Ringhotel Old Town"
© Christina Czybik

Hotel & Restaurant at the castle park

  • Neuwieder Weg, 18273 Güstrow

Hotel of middle class in best location directly at the castle of Güstrow.

Read more: "Hotel & Restaurant at the castle park"
© Recknitztal-Hotel Marlow

Recknitz Valley Hotel Marlow

  • Carl-Kossow-Straße, 18337 Marlow

The Recknitz Valley, which gave its name to the hotel in Marlow, is one of the most beautiful river valleys in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. In every season, nature and sights of the region offer our guests beautiful and interesting things.

Read more: "Recknitz Valley Hotel Marlow"
1- 0 from 0
Filtern (2)
to the list

Content is loaded

Kategorien (0)

Content is loaded

Good to know

Arrival

Your destination:
Recknitztal-Rundweg
Tourist-Information Ribnitz-Damgarten
Am Markt 14
18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten



Relaxed from door to door:

Plan your journey by public transport here.

Route planner:

Plan your journey by car here.

Contact

Recknitztal-Rundweg

Tourist-Information Ribnitz-Damgarten
Am Markt 14
18311 Ribnitz-Damgarten


Route marking
  • 2021_Routenlogo_Recknitztal circular route, © TMV

Similar tours

© TMV/World on a Budget

Peene Valley circular route

Read more: "Peene Valley circular route"
© TMV/Gänsicke

Tollensetal circular route

Read more: "Tollensetal circular route"
© TMV/Roth

Eldetal circular route

Read more: "Eldetal circular route"
1- 0 from 0