Nowhere is the horizon as wide and the sky as high as on the sea. From the small and large harbor towns along the almost 2,000 kilometer long coastline of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, the historic ships set off on day trips heading for the rich fishing grounds in the Baltic Sea. It is not only cod that anglers hook. The chances of catching other target fish such as flatfish, garfish, herring, mackerel & whiting are also good and provide alternative catching fun while deep-sea fishing on the Baltic Sea.
Fishing Permits for Deep Sea Fishing
Even beginners, for whom (deep sea) fishing is absolutely new territory so far, are in good hands on the cutters. The experienced captains are on hand with tips and tricks to ensure that no guest has to disembark without a catch at the end of the day. The appropriate equipment can often be rented directly on site. Those who do not have a valid fishing license can still try their luck and hope for a big catch thanks to the fishing permit.
Whether you are a professional or a novice - in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern the adventure of deep-sea fishing is an unforgettable experience for everyone.
The state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern has fishing rights for the coastal waters, which include the Bodden, Haffe, Peenestrom, Achterwasser and the Baltic Sea (12-lake mile zone), unless third parties have fishing rights. The water card is issued as a daily, weekly and annual pass and costs € 6 / € 12 / € 30.
What else is important on deck
To make deep-sea fishing on the Baltic Sea an unforgettable experience and not literally fall into the water, here are a few tips:
- Fishing permits: (tourist) fishing license & fishing permit.
- Clothing: warm and waterproof
- Prevent seasickness: medication against seasickness, enough sleep, chew on fresh ginger
- Bait: depending on the direction of the wind, fish alternately in the drift or in the drift.
- Fishing equipment: mallet, knife, tape measure, pliers, fishing rod holder for the railing, towel
- Summer tip: sunscreen, sunglasses, cool box, headgear
- Rule of thumb for bait selection: light weather, natural pilkers - dark weather, flashy baits