Old Synagogue Hagenow
The Old Synagogue was built in 1828. Today the restored buildings belong to Hagenow museum now. There are exhibitions taking place in the buildings as well as concerts or lectures.
Since 2001, the municipal buildings of the old Jewish community have belonged to the Museum of the Town of Hagenow. The interior of the synagogue, built in 1828, was destroyed in 1938; but the buildings with former Jewish school, community hall and stable buildings are still intact. The buildings were restored from 2004 to 2009.
Besides a permanent exhibition on the history of Jewish life in Westmecklenburg and Hagenow, there are also changing exhibitions and diverse events like concerts and lectures taking place on a regular schedule.