Neo-Gothic building with special carved altar, frieze organ and parish barn for social life
Today's church in Plate was built in 1848 according to designs by the Schwerin architect Theodor Krüger. Other neo-Gothic buildings such as the Paulskirche in Schwerin and the village church in Banzkow were also designed by him. From the predecessor building of the Plater church, which was closed due to the danger of collapse, only the late Gothic Mary altar built around 1500 is still preserved. This carved altar is characterized by peculiarities in the arrangement of its ten figures. After a fire in 1874, the west tower of the church was replaced by a free-standing belfry. The organ of the church was made by the Schwerin court organ builder Friedrich Friese in 1873. Through his work, the Friese organ building workshop developed into the most important in Mecklenburg in the second half of the 19th century. The adjacent parish barn is a popular meeting place and venue for events.