The fieldstone church of Dänschenburg was built in the middle of the 13th century.
The church is built of fieldstones. A flat wooden ceiling covers the nave, which was originally designed for a vault. The choir does not stand out structurally. In the north and south walls there are two pairs of windows each, whose shape and arrangement indicate the transition period from Romanesque to Gothic. Below the roof, the building is adorned with a tooth frieze, and on the east gable, a blind design. The mighty west tower, also built of fieldstones, carries a wooden tower from 1732 above a pyramid roof. A ridge turret with a bell sits on the top of the east gable.
The baroque altarpiece dates from 1722 and is decorated with allegorical figures and two paintings. The paintings depict the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. A painting depicting the death of the Virgin Mary still exists from a pre-Reformation altar from the 16th century. The pulpit is also in the Baroque style, it was made in 1725 and resembles the one from the village church of Rostock Wulfshagen. Under the pulpit there is a carved Anna selbdritt group from pre-Reformation times.
In the tower rings a bell from the Rostock bell foundry of Rickert de Monkehagen. It was cast in 1421 and has a diameter of 90 cm.