The Old Customs House in Herrnburg is the oldest residential building still standing in the Mecklenburg border town to the Hanseatic City of Lübeck.
It originated as a chapel on the country road to Schwerin. The present building was erected in 1783 on the foundations of the predecessor chapel as a two-story half-timbered building next to Herrnburg village church, initially again as a chapel. After the building was renovated in the mid-1990s, it was used as a gallery until 2012. Since 2013, the Old Customs House has been occupied by a violin maker and his family.