The Obeliksk in the Circus Putbus.
In 1844 the remodeling of the Circus Putbus, created in 1828, began. In the following year, on May 28, 1845, the 73 feet (21m) high obelisk made of Silesian sandstone, located in the center of the square, was inaugurated. This monument bears the inscription: "Founding of the village of Putbus in 1810 by Malte Fürst zu Putbus" and: "Erection of this memorial stone in 1845." Its all-too-slim top fell from the monument in 1849 due to a storm. In the same year it was replaced by a princely crown made of sandstone.