The Kavelsdorf freeway church is the only freeway church in northern Germany.
The Kavelstorf freeway church is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.. It is accessible via the freeway exit Kavelstorf on the A 19, as well as via the A 20 in five minutes.
The construction of the church is placed around 1225 or earlier. The building was started by Westphalian settlers using brick, mainly fieldstone, both as a sacral and a shelter building. It has an impressive appearance and balanced proportions.