The historic monastery courtyard with museum and show workshop is located in Bergen on the Island of Rügen.
As an oasis in the heart of the city, central and yet hidden, the Klosterhof gives insight into times gone by. The small town museum is located in a former monastery building. It is the only museum in Rügen that contains the historical development of Rügen from early history to the 19th century. The monastery complex, which includes the monastery courtyard, was consecrated in 1193 together with St. Mary's Church. After the Reformation, the monastery was dissolved and converted into a Protestant virgin's convent. After a town fire, the two former monastery buildings that still exist today were built in 1732. The show workshop next to the town museum forms another beautiful detail in the historically valuable ensemble of the monastery courtyard. Here, local craftsmen are happy to let you look over their shoulders as they work. From May to September, the popular flea and craft markets are held monthly in the Klosterhof. Products typical of Rügen, such as ceramics, candles, jams and liqueurs, as well as souvenir items, can be purchased on site.