The spacious green area was created in the 1920s. On two sides of the complex run avenues of maple-leaved plane trees. A total of 213 trees grow here, making it the largest collection of this tree species in Poland.
The green square was built in 1925-1927 on the lands of the Quistorp family. In the middle there is a wide strip of lawn with flower arrangements, on both sides there are avenues planted with rows of London plane trees. Jasne Błonia gently merge into Kasprowicza Park and then into Las Arkoński.
In 1979, near Piotra Skargi Street, the Monument to the Deed of the Poles was erected, which became the dominant feature of the square. The object depicts three eagles taking flight and was designed by Gustaw Zemła. The monument was intended to represent three generations of Szczecin's inhabitants: the Polish community that lived here before the Second World War, the pioneers of the post-war city and the generation that developed Szczecin. The object should thank the society of the city for the reconstruction. It should not be forgotten that the monument was commissioned by the communist party.
Almost ten years later, in June 1987, Pope John Paul II celebrated a mass in Jasne Błonia - this event was honored with the Pope's Monument in 1995. The name of the square was also changed to John Paul II in Jasne Błonia. The object was entered into the Voivodeship Monument List in December 2004.