Like a queen, the Sellin Grace Church stands on a slope on princely land. The building site at the west end of the Kirchstraße was once donated by the princess and mistress of Putbus.
Originally Sellin belonged to the parish of Lancken. However, due to the tourist boom, the small fishing village grew considerably at the beginning of the 20th century and became an important seaside resort. Therefore, Sellin got its own church in 1913. For the inauguration of the church, the German Empress and Queen of Prussia Auguste Victoria even donated the altar Bible and dedicated it to the church. One year later, the village even became an independent parish. In 1960, the church was severely damaged by fire. The reconstruction succeeded, against all state power and force. The church got a new roof and three new bells, the interior a new, simple design and the organ was repaired by the company Sauer.