Experience the rustic forests of the Müritz National Park and the romantic landscape of the Mecklenburg Lake District on the back of our horses. Get to know the rare breed of Spanish-Norman Horses.
Carried by horses, you will immerse yourself in the peace and idyll of the renaturalized forests of the Müritz National Park and the Mecklenburg lake landscape. Whether leisurely, quiet or lively, with our Spanish-Norman Horses you will enjoy appealing, guided cross-country rides. The Spanish-Norman Horses are, depending on the type, suitable for every adult rider.
You would like to travel with your own horse? No problem, we have spacious guest stalls and paddocks. We will gladly provide you with maps or guide you.
For rides into the Müritz National Park we have a special permit. From 2-hour rides to day-long star rides, with picnic or break at the manor house with a delicious menu, everything is possible. Do you feel like a detour to the swimming lake? Great, the supply wagon will bring over towels and a refreshment.
Herian Stud Farm is located in Schwastorf on the edge of the Müritz National Park, near Waren an der Müritz. In addition to accommodation in Schwastorf and Groß Dratow, there are hotels of a higher standard in the surrounding villages such as Federow, Groß Plasten and Kittendorf.
In our own rustic cozy guest room for two persons you will stay in one of the few, large, listed granaries. These huge agricultural buildings are architecturally a special feature of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Here fieldstone meets brick and are in a special way contemporary witnesses of the past century. With your riding experience with us, you contribute to the preservation of the unique granary.
The following services are offered:
- Getting to know our horses as a lesson before a cross-country ride, on request or by arrangement as needed.
- trail riding station with 4 guest boxes and a variable number of paddock places
- we guide you through the Müritz National Park, gladly also as star rides directly from our farm
- we train our horses ourselves according to Horsemenship teachings and are happy to pass on our experience upon request
- Spanish-Norman Horses: these are baroque, medium-weight riding horses with a stick measurement of 158cm to 170cm.
- suitable for riders from 60 to 100kg
- Exercise area for ground work and riding instruction
- cross-country riding guide of the German Academy of Trail Riding as a qualified specialist on the farm
- other farm animals are our cats and rabbits
Guest horses welcome:
- 4 guest stalls 4x5 m with straw or shavings bedding (for an additional charge).
- 2 guest stalls can be used as one open stable
- variable guest horse paddocks, depending on your needs
- hay is offered as guest horse feed, performance feed by arrangement, self watering or vat
- special permission for the use of designated trails in the Müritz National Park
- over 10 different routes with a total distance of approx. 200 km, trail conditions: forest trail, road surface, sandy trail, field,
- Special features: four bathing lakes, map material available, cross-country vehicle for transport of luggage and catering
Arrival and departure: Transportation/pick-up from Waren an der Müritz train station.