Lutheran parish Lohmen
The fieldstone church Bellin is a late Romanesque church building, which was built around 1230. It is part of the Lutheran parish in the Rostock district.
The fieldstone church stands on a hill at the edge of the village. The nave with a round apse in the choir has the same width as the strong tower with mansard roof. Field and brick were used for the construction of the exterior walls. The interiors have different vaults. The inventory of the church includes a stone sarcophagus of Count Gerd Carl von Sala auf Bellin from the 18th century. A special feature of the Bellin church are the wall paintings of different periods. In the 80's extensive renovations were carried out in the church. In the process, the paintings of the 14th and 15th centuries were uncovered again. Among others, Adam and Eve, the Last Judgment and angels playing music are depicted.
In addition to scheduled Sunday services, various cultural events are also held here. The church also offers wedding ceremonies.
If you would like to visit the church, please contact Mr. Rennert in Bellin, Tel.: 038458 - 20468.