The parish church St. Marien Plau am See was built in the 12th century as a three-nave and three-bay hall church.
The massive tower, which can be seen from afar, is open to tourists daily from April to October and invites them to enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the city and the lake. The three bronze bells of the Plau church are from 1522, 1700 and 1963. 120 steps lead directly to the belfry at a height of 40 meters. The parish church is the venue of the Plau Music Summer every year from June to September.