The Fischland church, built in 1873, bears features of the neo-Gothic style. In the church there are three naves, the "Deo Gloria", above the north gallery, the "Hope", in the nave and the "Christiana" in the south gallery. The altarpiece depicts the biblical story of the rescue of the sinking Peter. Since 1997, the painting "Nativity Play" by Hedwig Woermann has been on permanent loan in the north gallery.
In 1873 the church in Wustrow on the Fischland was consecrated. The Fischland church bears features of the neo-Gothic style.
It has a cruciform ground plan. In the arched wall between the altar and the nave there is a rosette in which the monogram of Christ is located. On the sides of the arched wall the visitor can see the oil paintings depicting Martin Luther and Philip Melanchthon. The altarpiece reveals the salvation of the sinking Peter.
Christian proclamation is here connected with the history and the present of the place. This is indicated by the ship models above the north and south galleries. As a further treasure of the interior, a painting by the well-known Wustrow painter Hedwig Woermann can be seen in the north gallery. The walk-in tower provides a panoramic view of the peninsula at a height of 18 meters.
Pastor Christiane Gramowski
harbor road 2
The church tower is used today as a lookout point. Church services and cultural events take place in the church.