Kuppertin Church is one of the oldest and most important village churches in Mecklenburg in terms of architectural history. In addition to church services, the church is also used for exhibitions, lectures and musical events during the summer months. It can be visited. The adjacent building houses the village church history museum.
The church of Kuppertin was first mentioned in a document in 1235. From the 12th to the 14th century, and it is assumed even in the 15th century, Kuppentin was a rich parish. In this period the nave and the choir were built. The lack of continuation of the reconstruction of the church is probably due to the economic decline as a result of unrest in the country and the effects of the Reformation period. In terms of architectural history, the church is one of the most important village churches in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. What has been preserved from the time of its construction is the hall building (nave) made of fieldstones. The Gothic choir, created in the 15th century, is a special feature in the Mecklenburg region. This imposing building impresses with its size and bears witness to the economic importance of the parish at that time.