The church of Karlshagen is the only new church of the 20th century on the Island of Usedom besides the church of Bansin.
Due to the growing number of residents and vacation guests, Karlshagen built and consecrated its own church in 1912. During the Second World War Peenemünde was bombed in the night from August 17 to 18, 1943. The church, which was destroyed and burned out in the process, was rebuilt in 1953 thanks to a collection of money by Karlshagen pastor Adolf Spreemann. In 1991 the church was thoroughly renovated. Today, the church is used in many ways as a hall church.