The Chapel of the Holy Cross is a Gothic eight-sided brick building.
In 1482, the mayor of Stralsund, Matthias Darne, donated the small octagonal chapel "Zum heiligen Kreuz". In the 17th century, the bell oriel was added with a bell from the 15th century. The exterior of the chapel has remained unchanged since its construction, and inside there is a flat plank ceiling decorated with medieval paintings. Several bishop's crosses decorate the walls.
In the 18th century the chapel was equipped with box pews and two patronage chairs; extension of the pulpit altar to the front in wood. In 1926/27 there was a fundamental repair, a renewal of the figure attributes, the leaf hangings and the top painting. In 1982 the attic was cleaned and secured by citizens of Bessin. In 1983-1985 the restoration of the ceiling painting and the renovation of the belfry took place and in 1995/96 work was done on the roofing as well as repairs to the roof truss. Thanks to the foundation of the support association "Kapelle zum Heiligen Kreuz Bessin e. V." (Chapel to the Holy Cross Bessin e. V.), a church but also non-profit use can be ensured.