The Catholic parish, founded in the middle of the 19th century, had the church built in 1914/15 according to the designs of the Berlin architect J. Welz.
It was the place of work of pastors Adolf Noleweika and Heinrich Wessels (honorary citizen of Demmin). In the years 1994 - 1996 the exterior of the brick neo-Gothic church underwent a fundamental restoration for the first time. The 45 m high tower with an open belfry carries a so-called "bishop's cap" as a tower roof. The neo-Gothic winged altar with the figures of the 12 apostles, Mary with the infant Jesus and the pulpit, the sound cover of which was added later, remain from the interior decoration of the "founding period".The winged altar forms the jewelry of the church and the immediate eye-catcher for visitors. It was disassembled in 1963 and restored in 2000, as well as missing parts supplemented and reinstalled. Likewise, the side panels & tabernacle of this altar & a carved Stations of the Cross are among the sights.