An originally uniform closed beautiful complex with the only baroque manor house still preserved on Rügen.
Kartzitz, which was first mentioned in documents of the 13th century, was continuously owned by the v. Usedom family from that time until the end of the 19th century. After that it changed its owner several times and was expropriated and resettled in 1945 in the course of the land reform. After reunification, Count and Countess Knyphausen, whose family owned the neighboring Pansevitz estate until the expropriation in 1945, purchased the Kartzitz estate from the former owner Joachim von Schinckel and have since thoroughly renovated the manor house with the two cavalier houses and the approximately seven-hectare English landscape park. Today, the count's family zu Innhausen und Knyphausen lives in the manor house and maintains the park.