Rehna Convent from the 13th - 16th century
The history of the complex is inextricably linked to the Premonstratensian Order, which founded several monasteries in central Germany from Magdeburg in the first half of the 13th century. In the north, Ratzeburg was the first location for the Premonstratensians. From 1319, the women of the Rehna nunnery also belonged to the order.
Under expert guidance, the former importance of the local convent complex can be clearly understood, the evidence of medieval architecture in the former guest refectory and courtroom can be experienced and the atmosphere in the cloister can be felt. Detailed descriptions illustrate the former everyday life of the approx. 25 nuns and up to 60 lay sisters in the Middle Ages.
The guided tours last approximately one hour and cost €4.00 plus admission. The meeting point is at the monastery and town information office on the church square. Registration is not required.
Monastery and town information center Rehna