Nature park and guest centre “Darßer Arche“
The national park and visitor centre “Darßer Arche“ is located in the old school of Wieck, which was supplemented by a generous extension. The guest information and accommodation bureau welcomes you in the foyer and in the hull-looking new building of the “Darßer Arche“ you will experience the national park exhibition “Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft“.
Erosion and forming of land do not happen as dynamic, as fast and on such narrow room anywhere on the coast of the Baltic Sea in a way it is seen in the National Park “Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft”. The exhibition in the “Darßer Arche” informs visitors about the national park. Some topics are the habitats, but also the effect of the forces that had an impact on the formation of the landsape.
The “Darßer Arche” offers:
- adventure rooms with a variety of media and forms of presentations which address the body, senses and imagination of the visitors, create atmospheres that fire the guests’ imagination, pique their curiosity, inform and stimulate cogitation
- guest information/room accommodation/visitor service
- touristic, cultural and scientific events
- nature education programs
- presentations and readings
- lecture rooms