The church in Landow on the Kubitzer Bodden - a cultural and path church.
The Landow church, first mentioned in 1333, was structurally abandoned about 30 years ago, because in GDR times the small parish of Landow could not maintain the building and church construction was made difficult or impossible by political conditions. The entire interior, including the wooden ceiling, was dismantled and partly moved to other churches or lost. Nevertheless, the church has an unmistakable morbid charm and special flair in the idyllic seclusion. Since 2000, the parish has been using the village church again for church services and as a "culture and path church". In 2000, the Ev. Kirchengemeinde Samtens founded the circle of friends "Kirche zu Landow" and since then regularly organizes the "Landower Musiksommer" with great success. Thanks to the commitment of artists in the 1980s and as well as the circle of friends, the decay could be stopped and in the years 1994 and 2002 fundamental renovations were carried out to secure the building fabric.