What can you imagine more beautiful than to experience the Mecklenburg countryside on horseback or by horse-drawn carriage? We in Stuthof offer our guests this possibility and much more.
Close to the Hanseatic city of Rostock lies the 6000 hectare forest area "Rostock Heath" with an approx. 60 km long network of riding and driving trails. From the Stuthof riding stable you can take great rides into the nature and to the sea with your own horse or with a rental horse. The bathing area in the Rostock Heath is ready for riders and horses all year round and worth a trip.
Or take a ride in a carriage or a Kremser from Stuthof through the Rostock Heath. During the ride you can also exchange places with the coachman for a short time and take the lines in your own hand. Experience an exciting ride, which can also last longer if you wish. Highlights on the route are rapid speed sections, exciting water crossings and the possibility of a stop to refresh yourself with a jump into the Baltic Sea.
In addition to trail rides, we offer qualified riding lessons for beginners and advanced riders in the indoor and outdoor arenas. Our cross-country course has about 3000 m and is equipped with 20 natural jumps. Pension boxes and pastures are available for your four-legged friend.
- Lunging lessons: for beginners, late starters and/or re-starters, private lessons, 30 min.
- Individual lessons: from class E to A; dressage, jumping, 30 min.
- Group lessons: from class E to A; dressage, jumping, from 3 pers. (max. 5 pers.) 45 min.
- Courses: from class E to A; dressage, jumping, duration depends on type of course, without board and lodging, price depends on type of course
- Trail riding: approx. 60 km of riding and driving trails with year-round beach access (forest trail 80%, road surface 2%, sandy trail 8%, field 10%), special features: Natural jumps, gravel caves, water, etc., signage available, infrastructure around the riding routes available (food, drink, trail rest stops for horse & rider, etc.).
- Kremser and carriage rides: through the Rostock Heath with a maximum of 15 people in a Kremser or 2 people in a carriage.
- Horse training: Breaking in, preparation for licensing, mare performance test, including dressage, jumping, eventing, by a master horse trainer.
- horse correction: trust exercises, double lunge, loading training, riding, etc. by a master of horse management
- Riding hall: 16 x 45 m sand
- Riding arena: 50 x 40 m (sand), jumping arena: 75 x 55 m (grass), dressage arena with letters, cross-country course 2000 m with cross-country obstacles
- Instruction by qualified personnel: master of horse management, trainer C
- Special features: Pets allowed, restaurants, accommodation, bathing and shopping facilities available nearby.
- School and rental horses: Number:15, stick size: from 1.10 to 1.70 m, versch. breeds, dressage/ jumping
- Guest horse stalls in the stable: number: 8-10, dimensions: 12 sqm, bedding: straw
- Guest horse open stable: dimensions: 10 x 4 m, flooring: paved, bedding: straw, fence material: Gallagher
- Guest horse pasture: number: unlimited possible, fence material: Gallagher
- Guest horse paddock: possible in connection with box
- Feed for guest horses: type and frequency of feeding: according to individual wishes, type of drinking trough: self-drinking trough
- official riding and driving paths: approx. 60 km (forest path 80%, road surface 2%, sandy path 8%, field 10%), special features: Natural jumps, gravel caves, water etc., signage available, infrastructure around the riding routes available (food, drink, trail rest stops for horse & rider etc.)
- own riding and driving trails: approx. 10 km, trail type (forest trail, road surface, sandy trail, field), special features (20 natural jumps, water etc.), infrastructure around the riding routes: food, drink, hiking rest areas for horse & rider