The village of Zingst was established only in the first half of the 19th century, therefore the Zingst church is younger than other sacral buildings in the region.
It was built by order of the Prussian royal government in a two-year construction period and consecrated in the fall of 1862. The architect of the simple towerless building in neo-Gothic style was the then court architect Friedrich August Stüler, a student of Schinkel. Of contemporary historical significance is the work of Dietrich Bonhoefer in 1935 on the Zingsthof and his sermon from the pulpit of the church in the same year. In 1986 the church received a new organ, built by Sauer (Frankfurt/Oder), keeping the case of the old Mehmel organ.