The Death March Memorial in Below Forest was reopened after extensive redesign in April 2010 on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of the liberation in the presence of numerous survivors from all over the world.
The centerpiece is the approximately 20,000 m² historic forest area. Numerous trees bear inscriptions written by prisoners. The memorial was erected in 1975.
Next to the forest, on a plateau, is the open-air exhibition "April 1945: The Death March of the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Prisoners." Glass steles provide information about the evacuation of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, the death march, the forest camp in Below and the liberation with texts, photos, documents, drawings and numerous reports by survivors. Finds from the Below forest are also displayed in an air-conditioned display case. A footbridge connects the exhibition plateau with the historic forest area.
An educational project workshop is located in the former museum building. The offers of historical-political education consist of different modules, which can be individually tailored according to scope, topics and target groups.