Fine-grained white sandy beach, shallow water in the shore area and barrier-friendly beach accesses can be found by mobility-impaired guests at the seaside resort Markgrafenheide. The use of the beaches is free of charge.
The beaches of Hohe Düne and Markgrafenheide connect directly from the east pier and the marina Hohe Düne to the east in the direction of Graal-Müritz. Fine-grained white sandy beach with few stones and a width of up to 80 m wide as well as predominantly shallow water in the shore area offer ideal conditions for sunbathing. The use of the beach is free of charge in the Rostock seaside resorts.
In the seaside resort of Markgrafenheide, the barrier-friendly beach access 19 at the Stubbenwiese parking lot can be used from May to October. With a length of 90 meters and a width of 1.20 meters, not only wheelchair users, but also guests with walkers or families with strollers are provided with convenient access to the Baltic Sea beach. The path extends to the middle of the beach, where wheelchairs and walkers can easily stand on an area at the end of the path. In addition, four passing and resting stations have been created on the accessible walkway to allow for breaks or passing while walking on the walkway. The beach can be accessed directly from handicapped parking spaces. Official assistance dogs are also allowed on this beach.
The accessible beach access 19 in Markgrafenheide has the following to offer:
- Condition: paved access over mats and slabs for a length of 90 m and a width of 1.20 m to the middle of the beach, where wheelchairs and walkers can stand on a surface at the end of the path.
- Beach chairs: no
- Clothing: NUDIST
- WC for people with disabilities: not in the immediate vicinity, beach access 23 (about 50 m away)
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities: 5 parking spaces in the immediate vicinity of the beach access on the Stubbenwies parking lot, another parking lot about 300 m away (height Warnemünder Str. 1a)
- Beach supply: yes, on the parking lot Stubbenwies
- Water rescue: yes
- from Rostock via highway L22 in the direction of Graal-Müritz and from Hinrichshagen turn off to Markgrafenheide;
- from Warnemünde via ferry Warnemünde-Hohe Düne in direction Markgrafenheide