The Luisentor is the only preserved town gate in Demmin.
The gate was called the Cow Gate until 1821. In the past, the farmers drove their cows out of the gate in the morning and back in the evening. From sunset to sunrise the gate wings were locked. The gate served for the town security. The first floor is made of fieldstones with a pointed arched passage (ca. 13th century), the rectangular gate tower is made of brick with ornamentation (ca. 15th century). It carries a gable roof between the stepped gables. Below the gable end there was a wooden battlement. Since a visit of the Prussian Princess Luise to Demmin, the gate and the street were renamed after her in 1821. Until 1844, city duty was still collected at the Luisentor. The Luisentor has been used in many ways and has been a prison, a restaurant and from 1952 to 2002 a youth hostel. Since the modernization in 2006 it is used by the city for its guests.