One of the tallest lighthouses in Poland, the structure was completed in 1857. 300 steps lead up to the top of the 69 m high brick tower.
The lighthouse was built in 1857. The construction of the lighthouse began in 1854 and lasted three years. On December 1, 1857 the lighthouse shone for the first time. The object is made of facing bricks and is 69 meters high. Over 300 steps lead to the top of the lighthouse. It is one of the highest lighthouses in Poland and also on the entire Baltic coast. The tower overlooks the harbor, the forested coast of Międzyzdroje and the resorts on the island of Uznam. The lantern shines with a range of 46 km. Since 1958, the lighthouse also transmits a radio signal in the Mors alphabet. Currently, the lighthouse also emits red light. At present the lighthouse is under the supervision of the Maritime Office in Szczecin. In 1998-2000 the lighthouse was thoroughly renovated. The facility was opened to tourists only in 2000. Next to the lighthouse is the Lighthouse and Sea Rescue Museum. The museum was established in buildings previously occupied by lighthouse keepers. Among other things, navigation equipment is exhibited in the museum. Some of the museum's exhibits are displayed outside, such as old boats and anchors.